Cape San Blas Vacation Rentals in Barrier Dunes
Pet Friendly Vacation Rentals & Pet Friendly Beach!
Avoid the crowds of Destin, Seagrove & Panama City!
Pristine, Gulf Coast Florida Panhandle Beaches
in Cape San Blas, Florida!
Quiet, uncrowded, pet friendly, white sand beaches!
50 miles southeast of Panama City in the Florida Panhandle -- yet a world away.
(Just east of Mexico Beach, west of St. George Island between Port St. Joe & Apalachicola in the northwest Florida Panhandle)
Welcome to Paradise:
Cape San Blas Florida!
You are just a reservation a way from a nightly sunset like this one on the Cape San Blas, FL Beaches
We offer 2BR & 3BR vacation rentals from direct beach front to no more than 200 steps to the beach and all close to each other if you have a big group. No streets to cross to get to the beach other than a quiet, neighborhood street in 2 cases.
All of our pet friendly vacation rentals are in Barrier Dunes, a gated, gulf-front neighborhood offering 2 pools, lighted tennis courts, fresh water fishing ponds, boardwalks, playground, pet stations throughout and, best of all, always a family-friendly environment to enjoy your beach vacation!
The 2BR vacation rentals are Barrier Dunes 4, 15, 52, 67, 91, 177, 188 & 191 (4 & 15 have a loft & sleep 8-10). Barrier Dunes 7,11 & 12 are 3BR & direct beach front (ocean front) Barrier Dunes 4 is beach front and a 2BR with a loft. NONE of our rentals are more than 200 STEPS to the beach and all of our rentals come stocked with everything we can think of to make your beach trip relaxing and your packing easy....right down to the beach chairs & good books to read on the beach! See the AMENITIES page for details! ...scroll down each page for more photos!
Like us on FACEBOOK and hear about special offers first!
Rental information | Subscribe to our newsletter| Contact Us
The only stress in Cape San Blas Florida is deciding what to do 1st:
- Walk to St. Joseph Peninsula State Park, encompassing the last 10 miles of Cape San Blas, & go snorkeling for scallops in Pristine St. Joe Bay, kayak, go shelling or just
explore the pristine coastal wilderness! See our "Places To Go" page.
- Romantic Horseback Ride on the Cape San Blas beaches at sunset---also a hit for the kids! Follow the ride with a bonfire on the beach.....
See our Things to Do page!
- Fish from shore, stocked fresh water ponds in Barrier Dunes, in St. Joe Bay, anchor your kayak just past the sand bar off the Cape San Blas beach or take a deep sea fishing charter into the Gulf of Mexico or St. Joe Bay!
See Things to Do or Links for fishing information!
- Watch your dogs swimming in the surf or walk with them along the gulf coast. Yes! All of our Cape San Blas vacation rentals in Barrier Dunes are pet friendly AND the pristine Cape San Blas FL Beaches are dog friendly! See our "Pets page."
- Crabbing or Scalloping—learn how on the “Things to Do" page.
- Golf---only minutes away from Cape San Blas. See our list of golf courses from Port St. Joe, Carrabelle & Tallahassee to Panama City!
- Boogie Boarding (we provide the boogie boards!), Body Surfing
,Skimboarding, Fly a Kite or Build a Sand Castle or Sand Snowman--sure beats a real snowman in the winter!
- Enjoy a swim in the Gulf Front pool (1 of 2 pools in Barrier Dunes--the 2nd pool is now HEATED!) overlooking the white sand beaches of Cape San Blas in Barrier Dunes or fish & feed the turtles in the Barrier Dunes fresh water lakes!
Barrier Dunes even has 2 lighted tennis courts for your enjoyment.
- Visit historic Apalachicola and eat the freshest seafood you've ever had, shop or go to the Dixie Theatre.
See Places to Go!
- Go to the Indian Pass Raw Bar for oysters, shrimp, crab legs & jambalaya, or Toucans in Mexico Beach & play volleyball in the sand & listen to live music, Boss Oyster for a great view & oysters... from Cape San Blas you can eat the best seafood our your life at any number of GREAT restaurants from Mexico Beach to Port St. Joe to Apalachicola--see the Groceries and Restaurants page for Cape San Blas & area restaurants.
Don't miss the PET FRIENDLY restaurants in Port St. Joe, Cape San Blas, Apalachicola & Mexico Beach!
- Watch a beautiful sunset every night—the beach faces west for great views. You can even watch the sunrise from the bay side of the Cape on the same morning!
- Hunt ghost crabs on the beach at night or have a bonfire on the beach—you’ve never seen so many stars!
Take your dogs out & enjoy watching them & the kids chase crabs!
- Or just enjoy the quiet, uncrowded, white sand beaches of Cape San Blas! Come see why they call it “The Forgotten Coast!” Learn more about "Cape San Blas & the St. Joseph Peninsula."
- Need to determine where Cape San Blas or the Forgotten Coast is? Want the average temperatures or details on the area? See the About Cape San Blas page--it has all the details!
Come discover Paradise in Cape San Blas Florida. No matter what you want to do, you will find a great family friendly and pet friendly beach & a pristine enviornment on Cape San Blas, FL & our rental properties are the best stocked, most personally cared for Cape San Blas vacation rentals around - get the personal touch you won't find with regular management companies--3 of these Barrier Dunes Rentals are owned by Wendy Jackson (Cape Escape Vacation Rentals, LLC owner!) & I care for all of them like they were my own!
NOTE: All of our rentals are gulf side with NO big roads to cross! The beach is easily accessible by boardwalks!
** Cape San Blas was named the BEST Dog Friendly Beach in America **
** Frommers ranked the Florida Panhandle Beaches one of the top 10 destinations in the WORLD!!
Don't miss the picture slide show links on the pictures page or visit one of our PHOTO ALBUMS (click on link to go to picture album directly!)--over 500 pictures! There are additional pictures on the bottom of EVERY page--see the detailed menus on the LEFT SIDE OF EVERY PAGE!
If you are looking for a Florida Winter Snowbird Rental--look no further. See our great fall & winter rates & Snowbird discounts on our RATES page! Fall & winter are off season in the Florida Panhandle!
See what our other guests have had to say about their Cape San Blas Florida vacation & their stay at 1 of our Cape San Blas Vacation Rentals in Barrier Dunes on the GUESTBOOK page!
LEARN MORE ABOUT EACH OF OUR CAPE SAN BLAS VACATION RENTALS
Map of Cape San Blas, FL
Cape San Blas, FL is a beautiful peninsula situated on Florida’s Panhandle, 50 miles SE of Panama City, minutes from Port St. Joe & approximately 20 miles from historic Apalachicola, FL. Cape San Blas is just East of Mexico Beach & West of St. George Island & Apalachicola. An unspoiled and uncrowded Paradise, Cape San Blas, Florida has 17 miles of pristine white sand beaches & is between the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Mexico & St. Joe Bay. Cape San Blas, Florida, also known as St. Joseph Peninsula (and Cape Sand Blast, Cape San Blass, Cape Sandblas, among other things) was ranked the #1 beach in the USA by Dr. Stephen Leatherman in 2002--come see why we are the next best thing to paradise! You won't find the crowds on the Cape San Blas, FL beaches like you do in Destin, Gulf Shores, Sandestin, Santa Rosa, Pensicola, Panama City, Seaside, Seagrove & other Florida Panhandle Beaches or Hilton Head or Key West! Come enjoy our beach resort rentals without all the crowds and highrise condos! Enjoy clean, pet friendly vacation rentals and a beautiful pet friendly, white sand beach!
Explore the web site for: Information about all of our Cape San Blas, FL Beach Vacation Rentals in Barrier Dunes, Golf, our Pet Friendly policy, Pictures & Information about the #1 ranked Cape San Blas, FL beaches and Barrier Dunes, Restaurants in and around Cape San Blas, Port St. Joe, Mexico Beach or Apalachicola, Snowbird Winter Rental Specials and last minute specials, or all the exciting events and festivals that take place in our quiet coastal corner of the Florida Panhandle gulf coast! Come experience the difference of renting directly from the owner!
I would be happy to answer any questions you have about Barrier Dunes, Cape San Blas, FL or any of our Barrier Dunes vacation rentals.
If you want to know Where Cape San Blas Is, How Far Cape San Blas is from your City, The Average Temperatures in Cape San Blas, or the closest airports to Cape San Blas, see the bottom of the CAPE SAN BLAS page!
Barrier Dunes is a secure, gated community with 2 pools (1 is Gulf Front and the 2nd is heated), lighted tennis courts, playground, boardwalks throughout, Pet Stations and a safe, family friendly beach enviornment and is located next to St. Joseph Peninsula State Park on a beach that is 100% pet friendly!
Beach Vacation Rental By Owner : We rent by 3 of the 10 by owner. All of our Cape San Blas vacation rentals are managed like they are all our own! Cape Escape Vacation Rentals, LLC ensures that all our rentals are well-maintained and supplied like our own rentals so you, our guest, can have all the extras to make your vacation as relaxing and fun as possible. See our AMENITIES page to learn more about all the amenities we provide and see the difference between a "by owner" rental and one with a regular managment company! As one guest said "it's like being in a 5 star resort without the room service!"
Proud Member of the Gulf County and Apalachicola Chamber of Commerce!
St. Joseph's Peninsula - Cape San Blas, FL
Sometimes people don't know how to pronounce it, so they may call it Cape Sand Blas, Cape San Blast, Cape St. Blass, Cape Sandblast or Cape SanBlass --we just call it The Cape!
The Jackson Family - Welcome to Paradise in pristine Cape San Blas, FL (Gulf County)